PART TIME - ASSISTANT CUSTODIAN
17.5 hours/week with flexible hours.
The Assistant Custodian will perform custodial and cleaning duties at both the Frederick St. and Middle St. campuses, under supervision of the head custodian.
Anyone whose interested and looking for additional hours. Please contact the First United Methodist Church office for an application via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, call (717) 637-1574, or apply in person at the church office business hours.
PT - Children's Ministry Director
Purpose: This staff person will work in a twofold Children’s ministry of developing and uniting ministry to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
Hours: 15 hours a week
Setting:The Pleasureville United Methodist Church is a historic congregation, over 150 years. We have a worshipping attendance of 126. We are embarking on a renewed mission to make disciples of Jesus Christ, and are refocusing on the needs of the community around us and how we can help meet those needs.
• Possess a mature and growing Christian faith.
• Express passion for ministry with children.
• Exhibit effective planning and administrative skills and be self motivated.
• Have effective communication in both public and in personal settings.
• Value team development and working with a variety of people.
• Evidence ability to teach children and adult leaders biblical truth for Christian living and ministry.
• Have a willingness to make Pleasureville Church their spiritual home.
• Have education and/or experience in Children's Ministry. (Preferred)
The Children's Ministry Director will ...
• Recruit, train and lead people in working with children (including parents of current attending children,
as well as others with gifts and passions for Children's Ministry)
• Keep current and maintain the Safe Sanctuaries clearances, policies, and training.
• Develop a Children's Ministry team and lead regular meetings of this team.
• Direct and coordinate children's School, Kingdom Kids, nursery, monthly children's events,
and Vacation Bible School.
• Continuously create and implement new outreach and bridge events.
• Encourage and help integrate children into all aspects of the church's ministries.
• Attend staff meetings and meet with the Pastor on a monthly basis.
• Stay up-to-date on relevant Children's Ministry research and training.
*We are looking for the right person to help reshape and build a growing Children’s ministry and children program. They must be passionate and have experience working with children. They must posses a mature and growing faith. Team building will be a vital part of this process. Have education and/or experience in Children's Ministry. (Preferred)
Rev. Franklin Miller
The Pleasureville United Methodist Church,
2606 N Sherman St., York PA 17402-2330
Office: 717-7573216 /e-mail:email@example.com
Zion United Methodist Church (1030 Carlisle Road, York, PA) has an immediate opening for a PT (20 hr/week) Director of Music Ministries. The Director oversees the musical programs and worship practices of Zion Church, which is a generationally diverse congregation. This position coordinates with the pastoral staff, contributing expertise in music and worship to all areas of church life. BS in music required, advanced degree(s) preferred. Demonstrated pipe organ, piano and keyboard proficiency a must. Ability to train, rehearse and direct musicians with a wide variety of abilities and proficiency in a wide range of musical styles, including contemporary and traditional Christian music required. An application can be downloaded from church website (zionumcyork.org) and send to: Roysnoke@hotmail.com. Applications will be accepted until .