PT - Children's Ministry Director
Purpose: This staff person will work in a twofold Children’s ministry of developing and uniting ministry to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
Hours: 15 hours a week
Setting:The Pleasureville United Methodist Church is a historic congregation, over 150 years. We have a worshipping attendance of 126. We are embarking on a renewed mission to make disciples of Jesus Christ, and are refocusing on the needs of the community around us and how we can help meet those needs.
• Possess a mature and growing Christian faith.
• Express passion for ministry with children.
• Exhibit effective planning and administrative skills and be self motivated.
• Have effective communication in both public and in personal settings.
• Value team development and working with a variety of people.
• Evidence ability to teach children and adult leaders biblical truth for Christian living and ministry.
• Have a willingness to make Pleasureville Church their spiritual home.
• Have education and/or experience in Children's Ministry. (Preferred)
The Children's Ministry Director will ...
• Recruit, train and lead people in working with children (including parents of current attending children,
as well as others with gifts and passions for Children's Ministry)
• Keep current and maintain the Safe Sanctuaries clearances, policies, and training.
• Develop a Children's Ministry team and lead regular meetings of this team.
• Direct and coordinate children's School, Kingdom Kids, nursery, monthly children's events,
and Vacation Bible School.
• Continuously create and implement new outreach and bridge events.
• Encourage and help integrate children into all aspects of the church's ministries.
• Attend staff meetings and meet with the Pastor on a monthly basis.
• Stay up-to-date on relevant Children's Ministry research and training.
*We are looking for the right person to help reshape and build a growing Children’s ministry and children program. They must be passionate and have experience working with children. They must posses a mature and growing faith. Team building will be a vital part of this process. Have education and/or experience in Children's Ministry. (Preferred)
Rev. Franklin Miller
The Pleasureville United Methodist Church,
2606 N Sherman St., York PA 17402-2330
Office: 717-7573216 /e-mail:email@example.com