We are very excited to announce that the new York District Administrative Assistant is Autumn Christine. Autumn has already done some training with Vicky and will be covering the district office "virtually" through the month of June. As of July 1st, she and Rev. Cathy should be in place in the office. Autumn and her husband Todd currently live in Cassville, where Todd pastors at Trough Creek Valley Parish. However they are moving later in June to Hanover where Todd will be serving as the new pastor for Grace Hanover UMC. They have two children, Paytyn and Tristan.
YOUTH DIRECTOR OPPORTUNITY AT McCONNELSBURG UMC
For those who may not know where McConnellsburg is located, we are in the Altoona District along Route 30 on the border with York District and very close to the Harrisburg District. This is a part time position, but could turn full time. The salary is negotiable. I would greatly appreciate if this could be shared or maybe if there are ministry candidates that you think would do well in this role as they get started, we would love to talk to them. This is a great teaching congregation who has a real passion for children and youth.
McConnellsburg United Methodist Church Youth Program
Director of Youth Ministries (Youth Pastor)
- Employer Information
• McConnellsburg United Methodist Church
- 121 North Second Street, McConnellsburg, PA 17233
• We are a growing and thriving Bible based congregation located in the heart of McConnellsburg whose flavor of Christianity is United Methodist with a focus on Missions, Holiness, and Discipleship.
• We worship over 150 people weekly with a healthy number of young children, youth, young adult, middle aged, and elder adults. Our current youth program has roughly 15-20 children.
- Employee Characteristics
• A highly motivated and outgoing person who loves Jesus Christ and has a strong understanding of who they are in Christ Jesus.
• Someone who is continuously growing in their discipleship/sanctification with Jesus Christ.
• An individual who works well with other individuals and can motivate, organize, and lead volunteers.
• Someone who thinks outside the box, relates well and advocates for the children within and outside our current youth program, and a visionary who can create long lasting and life giving programs that will engage children in a fun, faith building, discipleship way.
- Employee Responsibilities
• Oversee all Middle School and High School ministries
• Be able to raise up, train, and lead volunteers for youth ministries
• Create an after school program and other youth related programs throughout the year that
connect the larger community with the local church and visa versa
• Lead the Senior High Youth Group and Sunday School Class
• Work with the Sunday School Coordinator
• Work Hand-In-Hand with Hands and Feet of Hope Summer Camp
• Lead Youth Group on mission trips/ retreats/ church camp
• Attend Church Council and Staff Meetings as set by the Lead Minister
• Provide a suggested youth budget to Finance Team
• Work hand-in-hand with Lead Minister
• Be an active participant in worship, church events, and so forth at McConnellsburg United Methodist Church
- Employee Benefits
• Part-Time Position (25 Hours)
• Paid Position
• Possibility of salary increases when yearly bench marks are met
• Paid Vacation (Amount of vacation depends on number of years worked)
• Travel allowance – reimbursement of vouchered travel expenses will be made at current IRS rate
• Conference and lodging expenses paid for one professional training/education event annually (must be approved)
- How to Apply
• Please Provide the Following:
- A Cover Letter and Resume
- A Statement of Your Relationship With Jesus Christ
- Three Reference Letters plus Contact Information
• Please Email All Information to email@example.com
• Please Send Information by July 31, 2020
Social Media Feed (Facebook)
Started counting on 9/9/2019
Static hits since 9/2016