Rev. Dr. Charles W. Salisbury
Vicky Salisbury, Administrative Assistant
Office: 717-755-8863 email:firstname.lastname@example.org
SAVE THE DATE!
DISTRICT RALLY 2018 ---> February 24, 2018
A CALL FOR PRAYER
We serve a Lord who frequently withdrew to a lonely place to pray. (Luke 5:16) Right now I feel called by the Lord to ask you to also join me in prayer. I do not need to to tell you in the Season of Eastertide that Resurrection is not just for a moment, it is the essence of who we are as the people of Jesus Christ. As you pray in this time I would lift up these prayer concerns to you....
1) Our world and nation...In a time of pain and anguish, many search for hope. I pray that the salvation of Jesus Christ can be shared in more powerful way than ever before.
2) For those pastors and churches in transition....I know itinerancy is part of our makeup as United Methodists but it is never an easy thing.
3) Today begins ... the serious matter of how accountability, justice and grace are defined in our whole denomination.
4) For the Special Session of General Conference that is being called for February 2019 in St. Louis....I ask a special prayer that while many people lift up their voices, we would all take time to listen for God to speak.
5) As we gather . . . While it is a new venue, it is a time when we redefine collegiality and rediscover a common call. I pray that you also come to celebrate those from York District who was ordained, commissioned, and sent blessed as Local Pastors and CLM's.
I hope you will join me in prayer....Charlie